Atlanta Printmakers Studio 6th Biennial Print Portfolio Exchange
ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JUNE 30
ABOUT: Atlanta Printmakers Studio is pleased to announce the 6th Biennial Print Portfolio Exchange. Atlanta Printmakers Studio (APS) is a nonprofit organization that supports and promotes the fine art of printmaking.
In our current era of rapid change, global communication, international news and cosmic exploration, artists have the opportunity to reflect on their environment - whether internal or external; natural or unnatural; violent or placid. How does the world around us change? How do we, as artists, experience, contribute to or become affected by these shifts? What gets buried; what is revealed? Participants are asked to create a traditionally printed edition in response to these real or perceived environmental transformations. We invite you to participate in Climate exChange.
- Open to all artists 18 and older.
- Edition size: 12 numbered impressions. You may produce a larger edition but the first 12 should be designated for this exchange.
- Paper size: 8 x 8 inches (20.3 x 20.3 cm). Square and circular formats (8 inch diameter) accepted.
- Please include interleaving or glassine cover sheets between each print (cut to match paper size).
- Prints must use at least one traditional printmaking process such as intaglio, lithography, relief, serigraphy, letterpress, or any combination of the above.
- Mixed media such as digital prints, cyanotype or photographs is acceptable if combined with one or more traditional printmaking processes listed above. No reproductions will be accepted.
- Each participant will receive a custom designed portfolio of 10 randomly selected prints.
- APS keeps one set of prints for our archives and one set for exhibition and fundraising to benefit APS programing. Exhibit details will be announced at a later date.
ENTRY FEE & TIMELINE:
- Entry fee:
- $20 APS member entry
- $35 non-member entry
- $55 membership + entry
- $45 student membership + entry ( provide copy of valid student ID)
Entry application and fee due June 30, 2018. The fee will cover the cost of materials for the portfolios and domestic shipping (continental United States). International artists are responsible for the cost of return shipping. Download and fill out the form and submit it with the entry fee to address below. Make checks payable to Atlanta Printmakers Studio.
- Atlanta Printmakers Studio
Attn: Climate Exchange
675 Metropolitan Parkway SW #6026
Atlanta, GA 30310
- Atlanta Printmakers Studio
- Pay with credit card through the PayPal button below. Please select the correct fee level. Email the completed entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 1, 2018: prints must be received or delivered to the studio (no extensions)
- November 1, 2018: portfolios mailed to participants.
If you aren't sure if your membership is current, contact Kathy Garrou
Emerging Artist Residency (EAR) was established in 2009 by Atlanta Printmakers Studio (APS) to provide emerging artists the resources to create a body of work and an opportunity for professional development. APS’s mission is to nurture the practice of printmaking by providing the means for artists to make prints while celebrating and educating the community about the fine art of printmaking. EAR accomplishes this goal by providing artists a well-equipped studio, education, mentorship, exhibition, as well as, a unique opportunity to work with practicing artists of varied backgrounds and diverse skills.
For the purposes of this program, an emerging artist is someone who shows significant potential, yet has not achieved a corresponding amount of professional accomplishment and recognition as an artist, regardless of age or recognition in other fields.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Emerging Artist Residency is open to all emerging printmakers.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and not a full time student.
- Applicants must already possess basic training in traditional printmaking techniques.
- Applicants must provide examples of their prints.
- Applicants from out of town may apply, but please note that housing and transportation are not included with this program. All expenses and arrangements related to transportation, housing or other living expenses are the responsibility of the artist.
- APS members, contracted APS instructors and volunteers are eligible to apply. APS Board of Directors and employees are not eligible to apply.
THE RESIDENCY AWARDS
The total value of each residency is approximately $1600. Two - three artists are selected per year and each receive:
- Studio rental remission for 24/7 access to APS studio (up to 6 months)
- Materials stipend of $600
- One free APS class or workshop
- Personal mentoring by a professional artist
- One year APS membership
- Group exhibit and reception at the end of the residency