Emerging Artist Residency (EAR) was established in 2009 by Atlanta Printmakers Studio (APS) to provide emerging artists the resources to create a body of work and an opportunity for professional development. APS’s mission is to nurture the practice of printmaking by providing the means for artists to make prints while celebrating and educating the community about the fine art of printmaking. EAR accomplishes this goal by providing artists a well-equipped studio, education, mentorship, exhibition, as well as, a unique opportunity to work with practicing artists of varied backgrounds and diverse skills.
For the purposes of this program, an emerging artist is someone who shows significant potential, yet has not achieved a corresponding amount of professional accomplishment and recognition as an artist, regardless of age or recognition in other fields.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Emerging Artist Residency is open to all emerging printmakers.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and not a full time student.
- Applicants must already possess basic training in traditional printmaking techniques.
- Applicants must provide examples of their prints.
- Applicants from out of town may apply, but please note that housing and transportation are not included with this program. All expenses and arrangements related to transportation, housing or other living expenses are the responsibility of the artist.
- APS members, contracted APS instructors and volunteers are eligible to apply. APS Board of Directors and employees are not eligible to apply.
THE RESIDENCY AWARDS
Two - three artists are selected per year and each receives studio access, free class, personal mentoring, stipend, group exhibit, and 1 yr membership.
Ensure Emerging Artists Residency program continues to nurture and inspire emerging artists. Become a sponsor today – use the donation button below or contact Kathy Garrou or 404-316-6863.
CONGRATULATIONS TO 2018 RESIDENCY RECIPIENTS:
Residency Period January-June, 2018
Residency Period January-June, 2017
PREVIOUS RESIDENCY RECIPIENTS:
Residency Period January-June, 2016
Residency Period January-June, 2015
Stephen "Nuno" Nunez
Residency Period January-June, 2014
Katie Ridley Murphy
Residency Period January-June, 2013
Patrick Di Rito
Residency Period January-June, 2012
Residency Period January-June, 2011
Residency Period January-June, 2010
Residency Period January-June, 2009